WOMEN HAVE THE FORMULA
In 2019, coinciding with the International Year of the Periodic Table, the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències produced “Women Have the Formula”, an exhibit that presented the work of women who have devoted themselves to the study of chemistry from ancient times to the present day.
The exhibition consisted up of a series of panels with the female scientists whose research turned out to be significant in the development first of alchemy and later of chemistry. “Women Have the Formula” describes the work of 39 women from Tapputi-Beletakallim (1200 BC), considered to be the first female chemist of all time, to promising young women of today, such as Cristina Nevado.
Following the success of the exhibition in the outdoor areas of the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències, many requests have been made by organisations and institutions to reproduce it. Different adaptations of the original exhibition are found in the following places:
- Roche in Basel (Switzerland)
- Dubai. United Arab Emirates (UAB). Through the Embassy of Spain in the UAB and the Association of Spanish Scientists and Researchers in the UAB.
- Jaume I University in Castelló. Coinciding with the 30th anniversary of the University
- Town of Bonrespós i Mirambell (Valencia).
- Town of Aldaia (Valencia)