The General Manager of the City of Arts and Sciences attend the audience with Princess Elena at the Zarzuela Palace
The “One toy, one dream” Campaign is an initiative which the Valencia Regional Government through the City of Arts and Science has sponsored since it beganRead more
The children of the Oceanográfico Easter School help to release two loggerhead turtles into the seaRead more
The Hemisfèric reveals the mysteries that surround the mummies of the pharaohs
Come with us on a journey that goes back thousands of years to the era of the great pharaohs and find out why mummification was so important in ancient Egypt. "Egypt - Secrets of Mummies", the new IMAX film that will be shown from Thursday 16th April at the Hemisfèric, brings you closer to the tombs of the Egyptian kings through the work of researchers and explorers.
The City of Arts and Sciences stands out among favourite Easter destinations
• Interactive science, striking large-format cinema images, nature at arm’s reach: the complex provides a wide cultural offering.
• In the last six years at Easter over 1,600,000 tourists have visited the Science Museum, the Hemisfèric, and the Oceanográfico.
Three bottlenose dolphins are born at the Oceanográfico
The Oceanográfico of the City of Arts and Sciences now has three new bottlenose dolphins that have been born there within the last three months.Read more
Tomorrow a group of students will ask the scientist Michel Visó questions about the search for life in the solar system.
Some 60 secondary school students will have the opportunity tomorrow on Thursday 2nd April to put questions directly to a prestigious scientist on the search for life in the solar system, what life is like at the International Space Station, or the projects to colonise the Moon or Mars.
Chocolate Week at the City of Arts and Science, until Sunday 5th April,
From today Monday until next Sunday 5th April the City of Arts and Sciencies is holding the third edition of Chocolate Week, sponsored by the trade mark Natra Cacao, wich provides the chocolate. Chocolate fans will be able to visit two exhibitions of antique objects used for making chocolate and figures made of the latter, and points of sale offering a large variety of products. They can also get to know the science of chocolate and participate in special workshops on the subject.
The City of Arts and Sciences is to join "Earth Hour" to make aware of the climate change
The City of Arts and Sciences buildings will turn off lights by an hourRead more
The City of Arts and Sciences holds the third edition of Chocolate Week
• From 30th March to 5th April there will be exhibitions, tasting sessions, and workshops on the science of chocolateRead more
The Science Museum participates in the Bolonia and Balearics science fairs
The Valencia Science Museum has taken part in a science festival, La Scienza in Piazza, in Bolonia with an exhibition of its own production entitled “Memory”. As from Thursday 26th March it will also be present for the eighth year running at the Balearics Fair with several demonstrations of Science on Stage.Read more
The Hemisfèric includes the IMAX film "Egypt. Secrets of the Mummies"
• As from 16th April this new production will be part of the programmeRead more
The Oceanográfico (aquarium) is holding its second Easter School
* Among a variety of activities, the children will have the experience
of spending the night in the Oceans Tower surrounded by sharks
The exhibition "Valencia Window" at the Science Museum includes the first computer to have arrived in Spain
In collaboration with MUNCYT, the IBM 650, 150 times bigger than a modern computer, is to be on public display free-of-charge.Read more
The City of Arts and Sciences initiates the "Robot Challenge" competition
• Secondary school students or those from other training and educational courses can present their projects on subjects related to robotics
• The robots created by the students will be competing against other on 24th April 2009 at the Science Museum
The City of Arts and Sciences brings together 38,000 people for MTV Winter
"Traces of Time", a new exhibition at the Museum
The Príncipe Felipe Science Museum will be hosting a photographic exhibition entitled “Traces of Time”, a collection of thirty photographs that show the deep traces that time leaves in different elements of nature.
The Science Museum hosts the "Darwin Now" exhibition
In collaboration with the British CouncilRead more
The City of Arts and Sciences is making the arrangements for the next MTV Winter
• The doors will be opened at 4:30 pm and entrance is free until full capacity is reached.
• The Science Museum, the Hemisfèric (IMAX and full dome), and the Umbracle car park will remain closed to the public.
• The Oceanográfico (aquarium) will be continuing its activity as usual and its car park will be open from 10:00 am to 1:00 am.