REACT! CONTEST - CHEMISTRY PROJECT USING AUDIOVISUALS
2011 is the International Year of Chemistry, celebrating achievements in chemistry on a world scale and their contribution to the well-being of humanity.
Within the context of the activities scheduled by the Valencian Territory Section for celebrating the International Year of Chemistry, the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry (RSEQ) and the City of Arts and Sciences had played an active role in this celebration. They have therefore decided to set up a contest to University and sixth-form students from all over Spain scientific and those from other training and educational courses at the Valencia Community to make an audiovisual presentation (lasting up to 10 minutes) describing a chemical process in an educational, creative and original way. Special attention is to be paid to those that have most clearly contributed to society's well-being and which are most illustrative and educational.
The winners are:
First Prize for the work 'The chemistry and the atmosphere. Problems and Solutions' by Jordi Casanova Mora and Pablo Gallegos Riera, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- 'Quimicortos', Irene Giménez Chasan. Faculty of Chemistry, Universidad de Valencia.
- 'Synthesis of ammonia', Oscar García Almazán. Faculty of Chemistry, Universidad de Valencia.
- 'Chemistry on the scene crime’, Alejandro Durante López and Ana Isabel García. Faculty of Chemistry, Universidad de Valencia.
High School and Vocational training Category
First prize for the work 'Chemistry for Life', by Lucia Matarredona and Marina Quiles. Colegio Sagrado Corazón HH. Maristas of Alicante
- 'Exothermic reactions' Elsa Martínez Montava, IES Serra de Mariola (Muro de Alcoy)
- 'The sound and light with chemistry, please!’ Llorenç Monferrer Pons, IES Professor Broch i Llop (Vila-Real).
Get your tickets at the ticket offices or
print them and access directly.
From Monday to Friday:
09.00h - 18.00h
Weekends & Holidays:
10.00h - 14.00h