Handling and upkeep of sharks
Advanced course aimed at people interested in improve their knowledge about elasmobranquios and its maintenance.
||From Monday to Friday, 16.00 to 20.00 hours.
||11th-15th November, 2013
||E+I Building, instalations and technical area of the Oceanogràfic.
|Nº OF PARTICIPANTS PER COURSE
||Education Departament of the Oceanogràfic
|COST OF THE COURSE:
145 € estudents
165 € general public
* A minimum of 20 persons registered for running the course
Preferably university students and students on training modules related with the course subject who are interested in learning more about aspects of sharks and their maintenance in a controlled environment. .
- To remind students of the main biological characteristics of osseous and cartilaginous fish.
- To increase knowledge on sharks; behaviour, handling and training in a controlled environment.
- To understand the technical principles involved in installation maintenance for marine mammals. Water quality and filtration.
- To raise awareness about the pathological principles and main procedures involved in preventive medicine of chondrichthyes.
- To learn about the techniques of transporting sharks and the regulations in force (CITES).
- To learn about several conservation and research projects with marine animals.
- Biological characteristics of Elasmobranchia
- Special features
- Handling in a controlled environment
- Species selection
- Installations and water quality
- Diving with sharks
- Veterinary medicine
- Other aspects of handling in aquariums:
- Data gathering
- Conservation of Elasmobranchia
- Conservation projects
Each session will be teaching by experts in the different fields of proposed themes.