Sightseeing walking tour
A pleasant route full of curious and interesting features, where spectacular panoramic views can be enjoyed. Enjoy a tour full of curious features in which you will be able to contemplate spectacular panoramic views. In a visit principally for exteriors, you will accede to areas closed to general public access in a visit to outdoor spaces and you will be able to know the work of two magnificent architects: Santiago Calatrava and Félix Candela. The information of this so special complex it's something you will still find surprising during the half hour visit. Our guide can be carried out in Spanish (Check availability in other languages) the architecture of six buildings of the City of the Arts and the Sciences, which extends along an axis of two kilometres and has a surface of 350.000 m2. Located in the bed of the River Turia, don't miss your opportunity to know more about this unique place
Visits on request (+34) 902 100 031
- Groups: 75,05 € per guide in Spanish / Valencian. From 01/07/14, 75 € per guide in Spanish / Valencian; 86,25 € per guide in other languages. From 01/07/14, 86 € per guide in other languages. Maximum 30 people per guide.
- 10:30, 12:15 and 16:15. High season also at 18:30
Special offer: For each ticket purchased we give away a 10% discount voucher you can use at the Museum and the Hemisfèric shops.
The significant part placed by architecture has been possible thanks to the outstanding work of two Spanish architects of international prestige: Santiago Calatrava with the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía (Opera House), Hemisfèric (Imax and Full Dome), Príncipe Felipe Science Museum, Umbracle, (Promenade and Car Park), and the Agora, and Félix Candela with the striking roofs of the main buildings of the Oceanográfico (Aquarium).
Another possibility that has the City of Arts and Sciences is to discover through an architect, who will explain to visitors from the beginning of the project to the final of construction, from the viewpoint of architecture.
You can choose from two itineraries:
- Route 1: will explain the Science Museum, Ágora, Hemisfèric, Umbracle and Palau buildings.
- Route 2: will explain the Science Museum, Ágora, Hemisfèric, Umbracle and Oceanogràfic (Aquarium)
The duration of the visit is 2 hours and may be in Spanish or Valencian. Check availability in other languages.
- Route 1: 504,15 &euro per guide; .
- Route 2: 504,15 &euro per guide; . It is necessary to acquire the ticket of Aquarium.
- 20 people maximum per guide..
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday except holidays at 11:00 am.
- Check availability on other days or timetables.
- Technical content, aimed to professionals and taught by an architect guide.
- The contents of the buildings are not explain in these kind of visits.
- The architectural explanation of buildings does not entail the entry to them.
Would you like to know the secrets of the Science Museum? Would you like to go for a walk along the impressive perimeter ring of the Hemisfèric and learn about its spectacular audiovisual technology? And what about travelling the seas while expert guides discover submerged treasures? This visit format allows visitors to enjoy a guided tour to the exhibitions of the Science Museum, the Hemisfèric or theshows of the Oceanographic Park . Specialised guides show visitors around in small groups and in several languages
At the City of Arts and Sciences you have a choice to visit the precinct with a number ofCombined tickets:
- You can visit all the premises and their contents with a single ticket: the Science Museum, the Hemispheric Cinema and the Oceanographic Park.
- The combined ticket gives access to two of the sites, as per your interest and taste: Museum+ Hemisfèric film, Oceanographic Park + Museum, or Oceanographic Park+Hemisfèric film
365 days worth of excitement for the price of two. Please open the door and come in! Would you like to visit the City of Arts and Sciences as many times of as you want? Or visit some of its areas: the Science Museum, the Hemispheric Cinema, or the Oceanographic Park? The season ticketto the City of Arts and Sciences opens the door to a unique place. You will have the key to enjoying the Science Museum, the Oceanographic Park and the Hemispheric Cinema throughout the year in an unlimited way
- One day visits: visit the City of Arts and Sciences with a one-day ticket.
- 2 or 3 day visits: the three sites can be visited in one, two or three days, consecutive or not; visiting the same site twice is not possible.
Little ones have different recreational choices at the City of Arts and Sciences. At the Museum's "Children's Area(l'Espai dels xiquets)" visitors experiment with their senses, water, the animal world, and they build their own home; all this without any extra costs to the Museum ticket. It is a dedicated area, exclusively for children aged 4-7, where they can play and experiment under supervision by specialised instructors. It is completed by two nearby exhibition modules: "Welcome to life" is a macro-incubator in which funny chicks come out of their eggs every 10 minutes. "Animated pets" is a lovely virtual animation that communicates with children from a big screen. And at the Space Cadet School , equipped with audiovisuals, Mr. Bulb and his assistant, Sparky, train children as space cadets. These 10-minute sessions make it easier for children to understand the huge distances between planets in the solar system. They are held at 30 minute intervals.
At the Oceanographic Park, children can see the species in the aquariums and the dolphins at the largestDolphinarium in Europe. The exhibitions are equipped with explanatory panels which describe to children, in their own language and handwriting, the ecosystems displayed and their dwellers. Among other proposals, Mediterranean, allows children to really feel the waves at the ¿wave breaker¿: children enter the aquarium through a tunnel protected by an acrylic bell. They can see for themselves how waves break and feel the water hitting the rocky cliffs and the strong turbulence. And the youngest children will love "Animalia Passport"a guided tour to learn about dolphins and sea lions, or the activity "Sleeping with Sharks"
And, at the Umbracle, they will be able to enjoy Garden of Astronomy a open-access area within the Umbracle that complements other astronomy-related elements and activities of the City of Arts and Sciences. By means of models, interpretive panels and hands-on, interactive astronomical instruments, the City of Arts and Sciences presents the basic principles of astronomy, familiar to scientists since antiquity.
Room is also made for senior citizens at the City of Arts and Sciences. Watching a film at the Hemisfèric,attending one of the sessions of La Science on Stageat the Science Museum or visiting the Oceanogràfics aquariums y las exhibitions in the Museum, like CVIDA, are just some ideas for a great day.
Get your tickets at the ticket offices or
print them and access directly.
From Monday to Friday:
09.00 - 18.00
Weekends and holidays:
10.00 - 14.00