Discover the Hemisfèric
IMAX cinema and digital projections to feel adventures through spectacular images.
This is the largest hall in Spain to contain three systems projecting onto a concave screen of 900 square metres:
- Large-format cinema, IMAX Dome.
- Digital 3D screen measures: rectangle about 12x6 meters.
- Digital projections. Astronomical representations and entertainment shows.
The Hemisfèric was inaugurated in 1998 and was the first building in the City of Arts and Sciences to open its doors to the public. It is a spectacular construction designed by Santiago Calatrava, with an ovoid roof over 100 metres long that contains in its interior the large sphere that constitutes the projection room.
Highlights at the City of Arts and Sciences
Check out all our outstanding activities, exhibitions, projections and workshops in a single place.
Go down the Blue Nile with " The Mystery of the Nile ", from the mountains of Ethiopia, crossing Sudan and Egypt up to ending in the Mediterranean. An adventure in which you will know spectacular landscapes of Africa, accompanying the protagonists of this trip.
The City of the Arts and Sciences, in partnership with Glauka Films, offers us at the Hemisfèric an entirely new projection whose main theme centers around one of the best-known and spectacular milestones of the Fallas
Turtles 3D + The Little Prince 3D, two animated children's features shown in a double-bill to enjoy 3D in the Hemisfèric
The little turtle Sammy passes coral reefs and frozen waters in a marvellous voyage through the planet¿s oceans. In The Little Prince, public accompany The Little Prince, and his entertaining friend, the Fox, searching his beloved rose.
Did you know that ...
...the Perimeter Ring of the Hemisféric bears the name of Carl Sagan in tribute to one of the great communicators of astronomy in particular and science in general, who made these subjects popular on the famous "Cosmos" TV series?
Discover all services of the Hemisfèric
- Restaurants. It has a cafeteria open everyday and also we have a restaurant that can hold up to 100 persons, with an extensive selection in set menu.
- Shops. At the Hemisfèric shop, you will find products related both to the themes covered in the films currently shown and to planets, galaxies and astronomy in general.