Discover the Hemisfèric
IMAX cinema and digital projections to feel adventures through spectacular images.
This is the largest hall in Spain to contain three systems projecting onto a concave screen of 900 square metres:
- Large-format cinema, IMAX Dome.
- Digital 3D screen measures: rectangle about 12x6 meters.
- Digital projections. Astronomical representations and entertainment shows.
The Hemisfèric was inaugurated in 1998 and was the first building in the City of Arts and Sciences to open its doors to the public. It is a spectacular construction designed by Santiago Calatrava, with an ovoid roof over 100 metres long that contains in its interior the large sphere that constitutes the projection room.
Highlights at the City of Arts and Sciences
Check out all our outstanding activities, exhibitions, projections and workshops in a single place.
"A Turtle's Tale: Escape From Paradise" follows the adventures of two sea turtles, Sammy and Ray, in a funny and fast-paced 3D adventure.With the help of some unlikely friends, our two heroes discover that when you work together, anything is possible.
Flight of the Butterflies is an interconnected scientific adventure story that spans not only thousands of miles, but generations. It's about the remarkable Monarch butterfly migration, the most incredible migration on Earth, and the determined scientist who spent 40 years trying to discover exactly where the butterflies mysteriously disappeared when they flew south for winter.
This holy land, the home of three major religions, is a historical point of reference for four billion Christians, Jewish and Muslims. The National Geographic shows you what made Jerusalem such an important city for the history of the world. JERUSALEM immerses audiences into one of the world's mo.st beloved cities
Did you know that ...
...the Perimeter Ring of the Hemisféric bears the name of Carl Sagan in tribute to one of the great communicators of astronomy in particular and science in general, who made these subjects popular on the famous "Cosmos" TV series?
Discover all services of the Hemisfèric
- Restaurants. It has a cafeteria open everyday and also we have a restaurant that can hold up to 100 persons, with an extensive selection in set menu.
- Shops. At the Hemisfèric shop, you will find products related both to the themes covered in the films currently shown and to planets, galaxies and astronomy in general.